Saturday, June 12, 2021

MF - The Sweet Talker (Boston Hawks Hockey #1) by Gina Azzi

 







I’ve sworn off hockey players. Until the pregnancy test turns pink.

Noah Scotch is revered in Boston, a veritable god on the ice. I’m a nerdy, newly minted college professor who would rather color code my planner than hit the club scene. Noah shouldn’t look at me twice but when he does, I falter.

Who can blame me?

The sweet talker with the deliciously chiseled abs and sinful chocolate eyes is a force. On and off the ice. One hot and intense night with Noah has me second guessing my lack of a dating life.

Friends with benefits? He offers, I dive in headfirst. Growing up in a hockey family, I know better than to get serious with a player.

But the more time I spend getting to know Noah, the more my intention to keep things casual rings false.

Now, I’ve got a hopeful heart and a baby on the way.

I just need to tell Noah. But when I do, will I end up with everything I never knew I wanted? Or on my own?
 




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


The Sweet Talker is just that; a sweet romance. The first book in Gina Azzi's Boston Hawks Hockey series, it's all sweetness and heat for this couple. 
 
I enjoy the way they knew each other for years, but are reunited with a new attraction to each other. 

Their individual backgrounds are interesting and well developed. Both have personal issues to deal with, as well as their feelings for each other. 

From a hook up with a friend, to friends with benefits, both struggle with admitting their true feelings. And then she ends up pregnant. That definitely wasn't in the plans.

A sports romance, this isn't so much about the game. There's plenty of issues surrounding the game, but no real game moments. 

The writing is great. Written in alternating first person pov, both characters are fully brought to life, with their emotions front and center. 

The Sweet Talker is a delightful hockey romance. I am definitely happy with this Gina Azzi romance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...