Tuesday, June 15, 2021

MF - The Risk Taker (Boston Hawks Hockey #2) by Gina Azzi

 






My brother's best friend, NHL god Easton Scotch, has always seen me as a kid. Now, I'm his new roommate and I'm determined to show him that Claire Merrick is all grown up.

Boston Hawks left wing and bad boy personified, Easton is untouchable, reckless, and sexier than any one man ought to be. He has a complicated past, makes questionable life choices, and doesn't want anyone growing too close. Least of all me.

East makes himself clear on his first day out of rehab, when we become reluctant roommates. At best, I'm angling for friendship. But soon, East is lowering his guard and we're bonding.

When we cross a line there's no coming back from, he spirals, jeopardizing his recovery and my heart. If Easton is the risk taker, then why does it feel like I'm the one gambling it all?




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


The Risk Taker is the second book in Gina Azzi's Boston Hawks Hockey series. And it's a fun brother's best friend romance. 

Brother's best friend is my favorite trope. Add in sports, especially hockey, and it's absolutely awesome!

Claire and Easton's story is great. I was excited to read about Easton after meeting him in the first book, and am thrilled with his story. 

When we first met Easton, he was in rehab. Now he's out and trying to get his life back on track. With Claire as his new roommate, he is determined not to get involved with her. 

What follows is the slow breaking down of walls and a delightful ride from acquaintances to lovers. 

Both are at a crossroads in life. Easton's trying to keep his career going and trying to stay sober. Claire's struggling to get her life in order, trying to follow her dreams instead of the expectations put upon her. 

I love the way they support and encourage one another. 

Easton's demons with alcohol are well illustrated, including the things that make him want to drink. I applaud his character in the end. His lack of self esteem is heart breaking. 

The family dynamics are fabulous, with lots of wonderful moments and fun. 

The Risk Taker is a great read. This Gina Azzi tale had me happy throughout. I am in love with this sports romance series so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...