Thursday, April 12, 2018

In His Corner by Christa Tomlinson







Amazon


This was my first chance at reading a Christa Tomlinson book.
And I am hooked.
I loved all of it and immediately went back to read the first book.
And I cannot wait to see what happens to these guys in the next book!

Picture the WWE wrestlers and their matches.  That is the equivalent to the world that Christa has created in this series.  I am not a wrestling fan myself, but I am more than familiar with the WWE as my husband and son love it.  But, even if I could not easily imagine this world, I would have still loved these books.

In His Corner is book 2 of Christa's Champions of Desire.
And what do we get in this book?  Well, besides hot wrestlers and some hot sex, that is.

We get Tre and his best friend Brandon.
They have been tag team partners in the ring for a while.
But, secretly, they are both wishing for a more personal relationship.
They are just afraid to say anything to the other.

Both men have things in their past that they continue to struggle with.
One has abandonment issues and mental issues when it comes to sex.
The other in terrified to ever tell a friend that he is gay and in love with him.

First they need to realize that they are indead good together and how to overcome their fear of letting the other man know.   They need to work through the abandonment issues and stop running away from people. And the sexual troubles, that they will definitely need to work through those as a team, out of the ring.

The story was a fast read, mostly because I couldn't put it down.  I was totally engrossed in the whole story, including the wrestling world, the behind the scenes stuff, the rivalry with another wrestling organization.   I found myself totally engrossed in that side of the story, as well as the romance.   And, I must admit that I was surprised by that.  Even though wrestling is watched in my house and often talked about, I do not care for it at all myself.   But, reading this book, I really started to see why the fans would like it, as well as why the organizations stage things the way that they do.  It was very eye-opening for me.

Oh, and don't forget that I mentioned a rival organization.  Someone on Tre and Brandon's side is actually spying for that other organization.  But who?  And will they figure out who the spy is before more damage is done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...