Monday, November 1, 2021

Sweetest Hate (Guys Next Door #2) by Baylin Crow

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link





Kellan—Messing around with Arsen is like playing with fire and I can't help but crave the burn.

The day I met my best friend's new stepbrother I fell into hate with the moody jerk. The feeling is mutual. I loathe him and unfortunately want him in equal measures. At least he seems to be suffering the same undeniable pull. He infuriates me. He's crawled under my skin.

Arsen has the ability to ruin me for anyone else, and I want to let him.

A mix-up during a trip to the lake puts us in an inconvenient situation where we end up sharing a room. Worse, once we get home, I'm left unable to escape him. He's right next door and impossible to ignore.

As we spend time together, I'm forced to realize there's so much more to him than I expected. I thought I had feelings for my best friend, but Arsen has me questioning everything I know about love.

It's the sweetest hate, or maybe it's something else entirely.

Sweetest Hate is the second book in the Guys Next Door series and can be read as a standalone. It's about two guys who may not hate each other as much as they thought. Maybe it's the opposite. Maybe they can teach each other exactly how to love.





My Rating - 3.5 Stars!


The Sweetest Hate is the second book in Baylin Crow's Guys Next Door series. This one is definitely not your typical brother's best friend romance. 

This one is a tough read for me. There's so much hatred between Arsen and his stepbrother. And I struggled with it a lot. As in, enough to ruin this book for me. 

But, damn, in the end, I adore this story. Unfortunately, it took me way too long to get to that point. For the longest time, I was just annoyed by these men and all the hatred surrounding them.

Overall, it's a tale that explores thinking one's in love versus actually being in love. I love all the moments where the differences are illustrated. It's all well done. I just wish everything prior to this was easier to read. 

In the end, the love the two have is everything you'd want. They both think of the other before themselves. They both want the other to succeed and be happy. If I had enjoyed the first half of this book more, I would be raving about this story. 

But, again, I can't rave about this one. The end left me furious about how things are wrapped up with Arsen's stepbrother. Honestly, I just wanted to scream. I needed better for all these people.

I love most of Baylin Crow's books, but the Sweetest Hate is just okay in my opinion. It's a tough read that is missing something in my opinion. The main couple is ultimately fabulous, but everything leading up to their ending, and surrounding their relationship, left me frustrated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...