Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Two Men and a Baby (Love & Luck #5) by Isla Olsen


Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link




Josh

Here’s some advice for surviving your ex’s wedding weekend:

1. Just smile and nod whenever someone lays on the sympathy
2. Stay away from tequila
3. Don’t make out with any of your ex’s brothers

Whoops

Connor Kelly sure has changed over the past eight years. He’s no longer the scrawny emo kid I remember from before he moved away; and, oh yeah, apparently he’s into guys now...

But it doesn’t matter how hot Connor is, or how funny, or how charming - he’s my ex’s brother and that means he’s off limits.

It doesn’t seem like anyone’s ever explained that rule to Connor, though...

When he calls one day begging for my help, I’m expecting it to be yet another ploy in his effort to get me to go out with him. Cue my surprise when I find a shell-shocked Connor with a baby he claims is his son.

As if it weren’t already hard enough resisting Connor, watching the way he connects and bonds with his son is going to make it damn near impossible...

Warning: This book is not appropriate for anyone who doesn’t like laughing, anyone who doesn’t like babies, or anyone who doesn’t like when sexy nerds and hot bearded men have a ton of scorching hot sex.

*Happily Ever After included




My Rating - 5 Stars!


Two Men and a Baby is the the fifth book in the fan-freakin-tastic Love & Luck series by Isla Olsen. All of the men in the series, and the Kelly family as a whole, have captured my heart. 

This one is fun from the start, with Josh and Connor hooking up at a wedding. Little does Josh realize that his hookup is the brother of his ex. Oops. I love the concept and I am enthralled by the execution. I love it all. After all, if it isn't awkward enough to be near an ex, try dating his brother. Awkward. 

Take note though that this is handled in a manner I haven't seen before. It isn't icky at all. The former relationship was never meant to be and both men completely moved on. The two brothers definitely end up with the right person now. I also appreciate the way the brothers and the family handle the news. 

And then there's a surprise baby. Now this aspect I really adore as it is all done in an angst free manner. Unlike so many books, this time there's no hatred and fights, and Connor just wants to be there for his kid, as well as help out the mother. 

If you haven't noticed yet, Connor is bi, and this is a fabulous bi-awakening romance for him. 

The Kellys are as amazing as ever. I wish they would adopt me. They are hysterical, with banter and barbs throughout, yet they are also loving and supportive. 

Written in alternating 1st person pov, the reader is pulled into every moment first hand. You'll be there for the baby food in beards, the hilarious texts, and a whole lot of Kelly banter, aka love. 

Two Men and a Baby is sweet, funny, and compelling. Everything about this Isla Olsen read will leave you thrilled to send some more time with the Kellys. And you will fall in love with Josh and Connor. If you don't read this book, you are seriously missing out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...