Saturday, August 29, 2020

Second Nature (His Chance #2) by Alexa Land

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link 





The last time I saw Gabriel, he was putting me on a bus and sending me to some relatives I’d never met, with the hope of a fresh start after rehab.

That was four years ago.

Now he’s back in my life. I’ve wanted him for years, while he’s always thought of me as just a friend. This is my one shot at turning our friendship into so much more.

But how do I convince him I’m the man he needs, and not the broken boy he used to know?

Second Nature is book two in Alexa Land’s His Chance Series, which is a spinoff of her best-selling Firsts and Forever Series. Firsts and Forever readers will recognize some familiar faces, but this gay romance can be read as a stand-alone.




My Rating - 5 Stars!


Second Nature is classic Alexa Land. The second book in the His Chance series, Land starts us off on Catalina Island, the setting of her Castaways series, and ends up taking us to San Fransico, where her Firsts and Forever series takes place. 

For this book, Gabriel and Riley get their second chance, after many years of hoping to find one another again. I love these men. They are survivors who clearly belong together. They helped each other in the past and are doing so again. 

Their story includes former prostitution, drugs, a vile Dom, and more. They have to deal with temptation, stubbornness, and pride. And for the good stuff, their tale includes sexy panties, delicious outfits, and a pantry revolution. 

The main characters are fabulous, with complex pasts and a strong connection. They truly deserve a happy ending. And the side characters consist of past characters who made me cheer when they showed up. Yes, I actually cheered out loud. 

My favorite quote has to be "Why not just let people be themselves and be happy? It doesn't cost anything to accept others instead of judging them." If only!

Second Nature is a compelling romance that will keep you satisfied throughout. I love Alexa Land and the heart she infuses into her stories. This one is sure to delight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...