Friday, January 28, 2022

Got Me Looking (Vet Shop Boys, #3) by Casey Cox

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU  
Goodreads Link






A jilted groom and a guy who doesn’t believe in monogamy fall in love? Yeah. Right.

After getting cheated on at my own goddamn wedding, I’m through with men. I’m approaching fifty, and all I’ve ever wanted is to settle down, get married, and live happily ever after. But yeah, that hasn’t exactly worked out great for me.

The last person I expect to understand me is Tate. Sure, he’s cute, curious, and clever. A firecracker with no filter who somehow manages to stay friendly and genuine at the same time. But he isn’t exactly a settle-down kinda guy. Oh, and did I mention he’s also twenty years younger than me?

There’s no way something could ever happen between the two of us, so how is it possible that Tate has got me looking at love––and him––in a whole new light?
 





My Rating - 5 Stars!


Got Me Looking is a great romance by Casey Cox that explores types of love. 

Earlier in the series, Gus was heartbroken upon discovering his husband was cheating on his at his own wedding reception. Ouch! This perfectly sets the tone for Gus's story and the reader's desire to see him find his happy ending. 

Starting off his own love story, Gus is now set up with Tate as his "chaperone" for the night. The attraction is definitely there between these two, but Tate is open about being polyamorous, while Gus is monogamous. 

With the two agreeing to a fake relationship for a short term, things get interesting as their time spent together leads to a strong connection. 

Overall, their tale explores being poly versus monogamous, and the exploration of one's own sexuality. I applaud the author for the way this is all developed, in a true manner, never cheapening what it means to be poly. Instead we get an honest and raw internal conflict of one's own views. 

I enjoy every moment of this story. It's a May to December romance in which the age gap is never an issue. The chemistry is amazing and the emotions felt throughout. 

Got Me Looking is a wonderful read. Be sure to pick up this Casey Cox book if you're in the mood for a romance that shouldn't work out, but does. You won't regret it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...