Thursday, March 31, 2022

MF - Love to Hate You by Whitley Cox

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link




She needs arm candy, he needs her insurance, but first, they need to drive across the country without killing each other.


Eli

Since the first day of kindergarten, I have hated Alexandra Hartford.
And twenty-something years later that hasn’t changed.
But she has.
She’s still a tomboy with a chip on her shoulder, but now she’s a hot tomboy with a chip on her tattooed shoulder who can fight like a badass.
I’d still rather have a bath with fire ants than spend ten days in a car with her, but she has something I need.
Once the deal is done, we can go our separate ways.
That is … if I want to.

Alex

Eli Evans is my nemesis.
He blames me for his sister’s death, our parents’ divorces, and probably global warming, too.
Why on Earth would I help him?
Because he’s as easy on the eyes as he is the bane of my existence and I need a hot date to a wedding in San Diego.
Can we drive across the country without me leaving him at a truck stop somewhere? I doubt it.
But, I’m willing to try.
Ten days in a car, a wedding, and a marriage of convenience, then I’m done with him forever.
Right?




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Love to Hate You is a great read by Whitley Cox. If you enjoy enemies to lovers romances, this is a must read. 

Alex and Eli have a lifetime of memories together. They also share the loss of Alex's best friend, Eli's twin sister. That event added an extra wedge between them that they haven't been able to work through. 

This is a lifelong nemesis story. Eli was ruthless to Alex through the years, as her school bully, as well as through their later years. 

I love a good enemies to lovers tale, but only if the author can somehow truly make me believe they can get through their issues. It isn't always easy to make forgiveness and redemption believable, but the author excells in both. 

This is also a pretend marriage story, as the two get married to provide Eli with health insurance for a much needed surgery. Of course, the arrangement will benefit her too. 

Everything that follows is a well explored journey towards understanding and forgiveness. And damn it, but I'm still shocked I was able to forgive Eli for everything. 

I love the relationship they end up developing and truly enjoy them as a couple. 

Love to Hate You is an emotional read that will take you through it all; pain, hate, anger, loss, grief, forgiveness, love. This Whitley Cox tale is also passionate and steamy, making this enemies to lovers tale a delicious read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...