Wednesday, March 16, 2022

His Heart Knows by Riley Long

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link






People fall in love with their best friends all the time. But for me, the circumstances of this unrequited attraction are even more agonizing.

I am gay.

My best friend, Sawyer, is not.

Since we were fifteen, I've harbored this torturous crush. Now, as we both enter our thirties, it seems time to resign myself to the fact that nothing is going to come of it. Ever.

Or so I thought…

One night, a bottle of gin and a little uncharacteristic self-pity were all the inspiration I needed to launch into a ramble about being alone because I’m bad at everything - even kissing. Determined to prove me wrong, Sawyer decided to shut me up with a kiss.

I know he meant for it to be innocent.

Turns out it was anything but.

Sparks flew as we unlocked a side of Sawyer he never knew existed. Now, more than anything, he wants me by his side forever. But this realization comes with its own set of obstacles. Can we learn to lean on each other as we build a future together? Or will the stresses of our day to day lives tear us apart?




My Rating - 4 Stars!

His Heart Knows is a sweet friends to lovers romance by Riley Long. 

This one starts slow and took me a while to become fully invested. I found it hard to care about the characters for a little while. 

But once I did, I enjoyed their story. It's a bisexual awakening between best friends, with one having long been in love with the other. 

Their story is full of hot and sexy first times and plenty of charming moments between the two. 

Their story also includes an opposites attract, with a rich versus poor aspect. One's family is high society and controlling, with major expectations. The other came from a poor family that was full of love. 

The writing style is nice, but there are some things with the story that threw me off and kept the score lower. 

Overall, His Heart Knows is a nice romance with an adorable ending. I'm glad I gave this Riley Long book a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...