Monday, February 28, 2022

Down by Contact (Tackled by Love #1) by Quinn Ward

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





He’s never faced a blitz like this. Will romance be sacked by the media, or can this star-crossed couple make it to passion’s endzone?

My whole life, I’ve carried a secret that could destroy my dreams. Sure, I may have completed one of the greatest rookie campaigns the NAFL has ever seen, but the only way to keep myself and the team focused on winning was to stay firmly in the closet. And now, with the whole world eager to prove I was a one-season wonder, a TV crew follows me everywhere… and the cameraman is the guy whose heart I broke.

At first, we thought it was a coincidence. But it didn’t take long for both of us to figure out that someone at the network was in on our history. And they expect drama.

With a spot on the Breakers roster and my heart on the line, I’m about to face the most terrifying opponent I’ve ever played: love.

Down by Contact is the first book in the Tackled By Love series, previously available under the pen name Sloan Johnson.
 





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Down By Contact is a wonderful sports romance by Quinn Ward. No surprise that I love this book! As a sports romance whore, I loved this book when it was first released. I'm thrilled it's now being re-released by Quinn Ward.

If you like football romances, look no further. This has everything I could ask for. Sports. Closeted players. And all the angst of if, when, and how to ever come out.

The first book in the Wilmington Breakers series, this is a spin off of Quinn's Homerun series, with Nate as the connecting character.

Zach, Nate's twin, is a closeted football player. In this read he gets a second chance with Griffin. They're reunited via a reality show that follows Zach's team. And yes, Griffin is one of the men working on the show.

I enjoy the way everything develops between these two. The feelings are real, yet so is the angst. These two definitely are great together, but they first have to overcome some major obstacles in their way.

Down By Contact is a fantastic sports romance. Quinn Ward delivers all the feels in this closeted world of sports. A subject I can't get enough of, I love it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...