Monday, December 13, 2021

Bed Warmer (Friends of Friends #2) by Jennifer Luxe

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link






Kade

My luck with finding a steady, committed relationship is so bad it should be in a record book. Not only did my last serious boyfriend use me to cheat on his girlfriend, but this other guy I’m in love with that I’ve known practically my whole life can’t see me as anything more than a fuck buddy. Well, I’m done with trying to find a guy to be with long-term. Screw commitment, it only causes heartbreak.

Damon Vance is exactly what I need. Initially, we’re both looking for a one-night stand, but the scorching heat and chemistry between us are hard to forget. He needs someone who can keep a secret, namely the one about his marriage being a sham, and I need someone who can’t give me anything more than sex. Problem is, my heart is getting more and more invested the longer we spend together. On top of that, there’s a surprisingly sweet side to Damon that’s tearing up my resolve and making it hard to remember that I’m just his bed warmer.

Damon

When I met Kayden Lee for the first time in a club, all I saw was a gorgeous man with long hair, tattoos, and a sunshine smile. From that first glance, I knew I had to spend the night with him. Sparks fly between us and the chemistry is off the charts, but there’s a problem: my wedding’s the next day, and Kade is a guest. He’s also the younger brother of one of my employees, an important fact I didn’t know when I picked him up at the club.

Despite the complications, our one-night stand turns into a mutually beneficial arrangement that has me wanting as much of Kade as I can get. I never thought I’d actually want to be committed to someone, but Kade is changing my mind faster than I thought possible. Suddenly, this marriage of convenience isn’t so convenient, and the person I really want seems determined to keep me from loving him like he deserves.

**Bed Warmer is a full-length M/M romance novel featuring a found family that keeps growing, even more tattooed hotties, and a hookup that leads to a HEA. This is the second book in the Friends of Friends series and can be read as a standalone.
 





My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Bed Warmer is the second book in the Friends of Friends series. This Jennifer Luxe tale is easily read as a standalone. 

Kade and Damon make for a nice read, with the attraction being there from the start. They start with a hook up and slowly end up as more. 

I love these two together. They each support the other nicely and things between them just feel so right. 

This one involves a married man who's in a fake relationship. I can't get enough of how supportive Damon's wife is. I love the relationship they have and that she's there to support him throughout. 

Yes, some may hate the marriage aspect of this story, but I just love the way this whole story develops. The marriage adds so much to Damon's character and the obstacles they face along the way.


The writing if great, with some wonderful characters, including some nice secondary characters.I love the found family aspect, which is always a nice thing to read. And in this case, it's a well rounded group of people who add a lot to the story. 

Bed Warmer is one of those books that feel into my lap exactly when I needed it most. I love everything about this Jennifer Luxe story and found myself devouring it as quickly as I could.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...